We’re not just talking about a Green World, we’re doing something!
July 1st, 2021 – Hanover
Our environmental balance has increased enormously in the last 4 years.
Thanks to intensive energy monitoring, various energy-saving measures and investments in retrofitting the lighting, we were able to significantly reduce our electricity consumption. (see graphic in kwh)
In addition, we get our electricity from renewable energies – that is, we use green electricity.
We have thus managed to come a good deal closer to CO2 neutrality in a short period of time.
Of course, there is much more to it:
- We buy gas with a “natural option” and a climate-neutral award.
- All the vehicles of our company comply with the Euro 6 emission standard or are already converting to e-mobility.
- As an incentive to use public transport, employees who travel regularly receive the Bahncard 50.
Directly adjacent to our company premises, there is access to a subway station.
For many employees, this is a good reason to use public transport as well.
- We prefer rail transport for our deliveries to Germany.
- Packaging material and cardboard are not disposed of after a single use, but we check whether they can be used multiple times (e.g. cardboard boxes, bubble wrap).
- At ALMEX, there is a battery disposal system that takes place via the common take-back system for batteries and that is also used by our employees.
- We work exclusively with ecological cleaning agents.
- We support employee initiatives, such as collecting PET bottle lids, the proceeds of which are used to support aid organizations.
- Our company property = pure nature:
A wildflower meadow with a pond provides a protection zone for insects and small animals.
Beehives and insect hotels on our property show us that nature is intact here.
Fruit trees were planted last year and we are planning to create a herb garden on our green patio roof.
And there is still a lot in the area of environmental and nature protection that is important to us
Environmental awareness is good – doing something together is better.
Our apprentices and colleagues enjoy actively participating in the natural design of the company property, which says a lot about our working atmosphere (… if we ever talk about climate here 😉 )
Stockholmer Allee 5
Tel +49 511 6102-306
Fax +49 511 6102-432
Mobil +49 173 9916882